|scienceclub||Date: Tuesday, 21-Oct-2014, 10:41 AM | Message # 1|
|1. Assume a situation. There is an earthquake which is one point higher on the Richter scale than another earthquake which is ten times powerful. Now how much powerful do you think the earthquake will be if it was just 1/2 a point higher on the Richter scale? |
2. What is
black when you buy it,
red when you use it,
and gray when you throw it away ?
3. Agarkar was going to bleach his socks because they had gotten muddy the day before.
As he was pouring the bleach into the washing machine, he spilled some on the floor.
He got some cleaning fluid and mopped it up with a rag.
Minutes later Agarkar was dead.
What killed Agarkar ?
4. How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you even if it doesn't hit anything there is nothing attached to it and no one else catches or throws it ?
5. When deepak was six years old he hammered a nail into his favorite tree to mark his height.
Five years later at age eleven , deepak returned to see how much higher the nail was.
If the tree grew by ten inches each year, how much higher would the nail be?
6. Cindy throws a ball from a 90 feet building. The ball is quite bouncy and when it hits the ground, it bounces back half way up. It keeps bouncing back to half way up.
How many bounces will the ball take before it comes to a permanent halt?
7. H, Be, F, S, Mn, Kr, In, Gd, Tl, ?
What's the next in the sequence ?
8. Identify Me
I am a god
I am a planet
I am a measure of heat.
9. Suppose we drop
1. A 50 kg metal ball
2. A 40 kg ball of silk
from a height of 100 meters.
which will reach the ground first ?
10. In a recreational activity, you are given four different jars of 2 liters, 4 liters, 6 liters and 8 liters respectively with an unlimited water supply. Then you are asked to measure exactly 5 liters of water using them.
How will you do it?
|scienceclub||Date: Saturday, 25-Oct-2014, 6:46 PM | Message # 2|
|1. If youare thinking 5 times powerful, then you are in a completely wrong direction. |
The answer will be the square root of ten i.e. 3.16.
Thus if it was half a point higher on the Richter scale, the earthquake will be3.16 times more powerful.
3. When you mix bleach and ammonia [found inmost cleaning products] it creates a deadly gas that can kill.
4. Throw the ball straight up in the air.
5. The nail would be at the same height sincetrees grow at their tops.
6. The ball will take infinite bounces beforeit is stopped. As per the question it will keep on bouncing half way up every
time it hits the ground. But gravity will play its part at certain point oftime which will make it stop.
These are the chemical elements whose atomic numbers are perfect squares.
1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100
9. In vacuum both will reach in same time.
whereas in case of air density medium it will depend on the surface area whichis exposed to gravity opposing force.
gravity opposing force will increase as it is coming downwards and the amountof force is directly proportional to the area exposed to it.
|scienceclub||Date: Saturday, 25-Oct-2014, 6:49 PM | Message # 3|
|This is a tricky question formerly asked in IAS interview |
10. If we have to measure precisely, it is impossible. Because we are asked to measure odd number of liters whereas all the jars we have can contain only even liters of water.